For my sins (which are many and various) I have been tagged, so here goes.Eight random things about me:
1. I count stairs. I can tell you exactly how many stairs there are on each flight in my house (12, then 6, then 10, then 7. There are 13 down to the basement). This comes in handy at night when I’m descending stairs in the dark or which carrying something which blocks my view, as I hate reaching for a step that isn’t there, or missing one that is.
3. I find myself getting progressively less comfortable with heights as I get older. I still love to go somewhere high up to see the view, but, despite myself, I get nervous. When I was 12 I went on a school trip to Paris and went to the top of the Eiffel tower one night. When I went again a few years ago I only made it up to the halfway point before I decided to come down again. I know it’s stupid, and I try to get over it, but I still get butterflies in my stomach and jelly knees.
4. I pick my nose.
5. I sometimes get frustrated with my daughters, but I get even more frustrated with my own lack of patience in dealing with them.
6. I always finish a book, no matter how much I may hate it.
7. Once I’m awake, I can’t just lay in bed – I have to get up.
8. I like being tall, but I hate my mouth.