I haven’t done a meme post for a while, but I saw this one over at cheeseweb and thought I’d give it a go, mostly because it’s a thinly-veiled excuse to link back to posts from my own archive.
- Your first post Well, it was a fairly dull “Ooh, look! I’ve got a blog!” kind of thing.
- A post you enjoyed writing the most I enjoy writing the people-watching posts that go in the “human zoo” section. Also this one about Austrian food was fun.
- A post which had a great discussion. I often get a series of isolated comments but it’s not often that it develops beyond that into a full-blown discussion, so it’s gratifying when that does happen. This one wasn’t bad. I like it when people challenge or disagree with what I’ve said, as it forces me to go back and think more clearly or deeply about the topic. I’ve also been known to spar with commenters on other people’s blogs. This was a recent memorable (for me, anyway) exchange.
- A post on someone else’s blog that you wish you’d written. Far too many to mention. I wish I’d written everything The Nonist ever wrote, for example.
- Your most helpful post. Not for me to say, surely? I don’t think much of my stuff falls into the “helpful” category, but maybe people could use my restaurant reviews for advice on where to go for a fancy meal in Belgium?
- A post with a title that you are proud of No idea. Most of my titles are either functional or bad puns, but some people said they liked Lighting candles.
- A post that you wish more people had read. Well, most of them, to be honest, especially the old ones back when I didn’t have any readers. I’m often surprised by certain posts not getting any substantial reaction, like this one about old family photos, which I really love, for example. Then again, maybe it’s too personal and no-one has anything to say about photos of my relatives?